Lecture 24 Outline (November 20, 2015)
Reading: text, §11.1, 12.7, 13
- Greetings and felicitations!
- Midterms are in my office; you can come get them there.
- Pointers to pointers
- Review planet sorting with structures (planets2.c)
- Planets as an array of pointers (planets3.c)
- File I/O
- File pointers
- Associate pointer with file (fopen)
- Reading in text data with a fixed format (fscanf)
- Disassociating pointer from file (fclose
- Command-line arguments
- First as array of pointers (planets4.c)
- Then as pointer to pointers (planets4.c)
- Actions tied to program name