Lecture 7: October 9, 2019
Reading: C text, §3.4–3.5, 6.4, 12.4
Due: Homework #1, due October 11, 2019
- Greetings and felicitations!
- Homework due date is extended to Friday at 11:59pm
- Check the Canvas page for announcements (like the above)
- In problem 4, every line should end with a \n. So if you end a line in the input with \, that should show up as \\\n
- You should explore the Linux system. If you make a mistake, we won’t know about it, so don’t be shy — try things.
- rm deletes files. Be sure you give the –i option, and warn about rm * .o
- Functions in C [calc.c]
- Parameters: pass (or call) by value
- Arguments: instantiations of parameters matched in order
- Return values
- Scope: local variables