Puzzle of the Day
Consider this a warm-up for the final. Good luck!
Seven of the World's Easiest Questions
- How long did the Hundred Years War last?
- In which country are Panama hats made?
- Where does catgut come from?
- What is a camel's hair brush made of?
- What kind of creatures were the Canary Isles named after?
- What was King George VI's first name?
- What color is a purple finch?
And Their Answers
- 116 years (from 1337 to 1453).
- From sheep and horses.
- Squirrel fur.
- A large breed of dogs. The Latin name was Insularia Canaria - "Island
- Albert. When he came to the throne in 1936 he respected the wish of Queen
Victoria that no future king should be called Albert.
- The distinctively colored parts are crimson.
Courtesy of Peter Langston via the YUCKS digest.
You can also see this document
in its native format,
in ASCII text.
Send email to
Department of Computer Science
University of California at Davis
Davis, CA 95616-8562
Page last modified on 3/18/98