Notes for October 9, 1998
- Greetings and Felicitations!
- Updated General Information handout posted to the web
- I cannot put some things on web for copyright, or other, reasons; I
will put copies of these in the rack hanging next to my door
- Puzzle of the Day: 1) it was wrong because the student should have
asked permission first. 2) the chairman's actions were acceptable, as a
full account of the student's actions of breaking in and then
confessing all were reported. 3) the staff's actions were stupid; they
should have secured the hole and then pursued the student.
- Robust Programming
- Go through handout, emphasizing principles
- Information hiding and abstraction
- Error handling
You can also see this document
in its native format,
in ASCII text.
Send email to
Department of Computer Science
University of California at Davis
Davis, CA 95616-8562
Page last modified on 10/8/98