Outline for February 15, 2006
Reading: text, §6.1–6.2, §6.4
- Greetings and felicitations!
- Puzzle of the day
- Biba Model
- Low-water-mark policy
- Ring policy
- Strict integrity
- Clark-Wilson Model
- Theme: military model does not provide enough
controls for commercial fraud, etc. because it does not
cover the right aspects of integrity
- Data items: “Constrained Data Items”
(CDI) to which the model applies, “Unconstrained
Data Items” (UDIs) to which no integrity checks are
applied, “Integrity Verification Procedures” (IVP) that
verify conformance to the integrity spec when IVP is run,
“Transaction Procedures” (TP) takes system from one
well-formed state to another
- Certification and enforcement rules
- C1. All IVPs must ensure that all CDIs are in a
valid state when the IVP is run.
- C2. All TPs must be certified to be valid, and
each TP is assocated with a set of CDIs it is authorized to
- E1. The system must maintain these lists and must
ensure only those TPs manipulate those CDIs.
- E2. The system must maintain a list of User IDs,
TP, and CDIs that that TP can manipulate on behalf of that
user, and must ensure only those executions are performed.
- C3. The list of relations in E2 must be certified
to meet the separation of duty requirement.
Version of February 16, 2006 at 6:28 PM
You can also obtain a PDF version of this.