Puzzle for March 13, 2006
Consider this a warm-up for the final. Good luck!
Seven of the World's Easiest Questions
- How long did the Hundred Years War last?
- In which country are Panama hats made?
- Where does catgut come from?
- What is a camel's hair brush made of?
- What kind of creatures were the Canary Isles named after?
- What was King George VI's first name?
- What color is a purple finch?
And their answers ....
- 116 years (from 1337 to 1453).
- From sheep and horses.
- Squirrel fur.
- A large breed of dogs. The Latin name was
Insularia Canaria—“Island of Dogs.”
- Albert. When he came to the throne in 1936 he respected
the wish of Queen Victoria that no future king should be called
- The distinctively colored parts are crimson.
Courtesy of Peter Langston via the YUCKS digest.
Version of March 13, 2006 at 9:20 AM
You can also obtain a PDF version of this.