Lecture 30 Outline
Assignments: Homework 5, due Dec. 2
- General notes
- Homework 5 due at 11:59pm. No late homework will be accepted except by prearrangement!
- Answers to homework 3 and 4 have been posted. I will post the answers to homework 5 by Monday.
- I will hold a review session on Wednesday, December 7, from 9:00am–10:00am in 1130 Bainer.
- Final exam is at 8:00am on Thursday, December 8, in this room. It is open book and open notes, but no electronics (including cell phones!)
- Computer security laws and bills
- Privacy Act of 1974
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1984
- Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (1994) — called “CALEA”
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (1996) – called “HIPAA”
- Communications Decency Act (1996)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (1998) – called “DMCA”
- Federal Information Security Management Act (2002) — called “FISMA”
- California Senate bill “The 4th Amendment Protection Act”
- Federal House of Representatives bill “Stop Online Piracy Act” (SOPA)
- Certifying software and programmers
- Building in back doors