Puzzle 29: December 6, 2019
Discussion Problem. To help you build confidence for the final exam, here is the world’s easiest test. (I first saw this in a posting by Peter Langston to the YUCKS Digest.) Good luck!
Move your mouse to just after the questions; the answers will appear
- How long did the Hundred Years War last? Answer: 116 years (from 1337 to 1453).
- In which country are Panama hats made? Answer: Ecuador.
- Where does catgut come from? Answer: Sheep and horses.
- What is a camel’s hair brush made of? Answer: Squirrel fur.
- What kind of creatures were the Canary Isles named after? Answer: A large breed of dogs. The Latin name was Insularia Canaria — “Island of Dogs”.
- What was King George VI’s first name? Answer: Albert. When he came to the throne in 1936, he respected the wish of Queen Victoria that no future king should be called Albert.
- What color is a purple finch? Answer: The distinctively colored parts are crimson.