Outline for February 15, 2012
Reading: §7.4, [WB04], 8.1
- Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
- Definition of role
- Partitioning as job function
- Problem with instantiation of Bell-LaPadula Model
- Covert channel example: what is “writing”?
- Composition of lattices
- Principles of autonomy and security
- Deterministic noninterference
- Model of system
- Relationship of output to states
- Projections and purge functions
A PDF version is available here.
ECS 235B, Foundations of Computer and Information Security
Winter Quarter 2012