Outline for May 22, 2006
Reading: text, §17.3.3—126.96.36.199
- Greetings and felicitations!
- Office hours today from 2:00PM to 3:00PM
- Information flow analysis
- Exceptions and synchronization/IPC operations
- Identifying flows in the kernel
- Finding relevant variables
- Example: Secure Xenix
- Covert flow trees
- What it is
- Node types
- Example for construction
- Determine what attributes primitive operations reference, modify, return
- Locate covert storage channel that uses some attribute
- Construct lists: sequences of operations that modify, recognize modifications
- Capacity and noninterference
- When is bandwidth of covert channel 0?
- Noninterference sufficient
- Noninterference not necessary
Version of May 22, 2006 at 4:19 PM
You can also obtain a PDF version of this.