Leonard Bishop, 1922-2002
This page is in memory of my father, Leonard Bishop.
Here is a picture of Dad. I think he was telling me not to point.
Here is a blog entry someone wrote about him. It’s a pretty good portrait of what he was like in his later years, when the author of the entry knew him:
A Dollar in the Jar: Tribute to Leonard Bishop, by K. P. Kollenborn
The Memorial Service
Here is the bulletin of his memorial service at the Living Word Church. Dad had requested "something Jewish" at his service, so Michael Kaye (an old friend) said Kaddish in both Aramaic and English. This is the Special Prayer in the bulletin.
Here is a list of Dad’s books:
- Down All Your Streets, Dial Press, New York, NY (1952).
- Days of My Love, Dial Press, New York, NY (1953).
- Creep Into Thy Narrow Bed, Dial Press, New York, NY (1954).
- The Butchers, Dial Press, New York, NY (1956).
- The Angry Time, Frederick Fell, New York, NY (1960).
- Make My Bed in Hell, Gold Medal Books, New York, NY (1961).
- The Desire Years, Gold Medal Books, New York, NY (1962).
- Against Heaven’s Hand, Random House, New York, NY (1963).
- The Everlasting, Poseidon Press, New York, NY (1982).
- Dare To Be a Great Writer: 329 Keys to Powerful Fiction, Writers Digest Books, Cincinatti, OH (1988).
- Biography of Maurice Utrillo
- Centennial Edition for Southern Pacific Railroad
- The Life and Times of William Penn Patrick